Google
 

Digg Links

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Spice up Windows - replace it with Linux - Introduction

I decided to write a series of essays about moving from Windows system to a Linux one. There are plenty resources online that can help with this transition. I just thought to make an easy one and with explaining each step of doing so.

First of all, the main issue with the series: it is not intended for the following audience:

  • Gamers
  • Video/Audio professionals using specialized tools
  • Photo professionals using Photoshop
  • Professional artists using specialized tools for their work.

I believe that these posts will be helpful to the following minorities of users:

  • Internet users (mainly browsers users, IM/Chat users, email users, internet video/internet radio users, p2p users)
  • Writers (including bloggers)
  • Office/Production workers without specially customized Microsoft Office applications.
  • Music, video and movies consumers

I will explain each step in the process and provide information about it.

Good luck you all!

-A.

Update: here are these articles:

  1. Part 1
  2. Part 2
  3. Part 3
  4. Part 4
  5. Part 5
Technorati : , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wrote:

"I decided to write a series of essays about moving from Windows system to a Linux one."

So, where are those essays? Why don't you link to them? Don't make us go looking for them.

Alex said...

Sure, you're right.

Done.

dfadf said...

follow up with another email after a few days
Microsoft Office
often acknowledging that maybe the person
Office 2010
didn't get my message due to email trouble on my
Microsoft Office 2010
end (which, when I was in graduate school, was
Office 2010 key
For repeat offenders, I just use the phone whenever
Office 2010 download
Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.
Office 2010 Professional
I will be checking back for any new articles
I’ll likely be coming back to your blog. Keep up great writing. Find your great Travel News and sing the songs at Free Song Lyric or you can watch the drama at
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010